Saturday, April 11, 2009

26 Weeks - Easter, Passover & Evan

Overall Mood: Regardless of religious aspects, Easter means Family Time and Candy! Needless to say, I'm excited. It was great to see friends this week, too!!

Body Changes: Trying to be more active and eat better! Kyle is watching his blood pressure, so I'm doing my best to plan healthy, low-sodium meals.

Emotions: I'm on the verge of being bored. A girl can only watch so many episodes of Sex & the City. I need to focus and finish things, including my invitations.

Flavors: We kept things low-key for Easter... having dinner with my Mum and family. We skipped the ham this year and had a variety of sausage/kielbasa available with yummy horse radish. Mum made some yummy potato casserole, which she topped with this cereal stuff - (like real, actual assorted cereal including corn flakes and non-frosted shredded wheat squares, etc). To no one's surprise, it was very tasty and had lots of neat texture. My green bean almondine was lame.

My (former) roommates and I were invited to Seder dinner to celebrate Passover with one of our friends, Lee. It was my first experience with a real Jewish celebration; we all had a nice time and enjoyed the wonderful food, including matzo ball soup, brisket, roast chicken, potato kugel and more. We arrived too late to catch the gefilte fish, but I figured probably for the best seeing as how pregnant Alyssa isn't into eating fish. We searched for the hidden matzo and all won really cute beanie babies, mine a cute frog named Lucky because of his shamrock covered tummy.

After dinner, we picked up Evan and went out for drinks, (water in my case). It was great to see him and say hello to his parents! He is traveling as a member of management with Cirque du Soleil, so I think he's in between Atlanta and Boston, or maybe NYC and Denver? Wouldn't that be fun... to travel with an innovative circus? They arrange and pay for housing and food, plus an acceptable salary. I've seen a few of the shows, but I must confess my favorite is, to no one's surprise, La Nouba at Disney World.

Appreciation: I'm grateful for awesome friends with fun stories! We met Amanda and her guy for birthday dinner and saved a ton by getting gift certificates from www.Restaurant.com!

Baby Steps: More and more kicking! Slowly but surely, each of my friends is having a chance to feel Ace moving around. He seems to sleep more and move less when I'm out & about, (someone told me that the walking essentially lulls him to sleep)- but will come through at the last minute with a good kick!

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches, about the size of a cucumber, from head to heel. The network of nerves in his ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my voice and your others as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment