Saturday, July 25, 2009

Baby Day 4- Aunt Audra & Uncle Kelby

Kyle's brother and sister-in-law came to visit today. It was nice to see them and talk to her about babies. She confirmed that we were not doing anything wrong, but diapers really just sometimes leak. Kaden didn't want to go to sleep tonight- we used a pacifier for a few minutes but I really want to avoid using on this early to ensure he continues to eat well. I'm not sure what we're going to do in future... he really just wanted to suck on something and isn't hungry.

Today, we went to Kaden's first doctor appointment and I was concerned about my nursing... wondering if he was getting enough to eat because I was pretty sure that my milk had come in, but wasn't sure he was nursing well. After the nurse weighed and measured the baby, the doctor entered the room and said, "Wow! your little baby sure is eating!" We replied with the expected confusion, which he addressed by informing us about babies losing their "birth weight" while in the hospital. When born, Kaden weighed 6 lbs. 13oz, but his weight at hospital discharge was 6 lbs. 5 oz. Usually, it take around 2 weeks for the baby to gain that weight back. However, our little trooper weight 6 lbs. 11 oz. the day after he was released from the hospital. So apparently my milk came in, Kaden is latching on properly and I'm feeding frequently enough. =)







No comments:

Post a Comment