Monday, March 02, 2009

It's a boy!!!!!!!!!!!

The detailed ultrasound was very cool. We saw Ace smiling, moving around and opening his mouth to 'drink' the amniotic fluid, which passes through his system and comes back out as more amniotic fluid.  Once I figure out the scanner, I will post some of the pics. Some are very cool, especially the ones where Ace's skin looks very translucent so he looks like a little Pirate-Skeleton! I love pirates... remember when I came home from the Virgin Islands and was obsessed with pirates? In one pic, Ace's hand was giving us a Thumbs-Up!  They measured bones to check for abnormalities, counted fingers and toes... everything looks good!! 

However, the ultrasound tech discovered that the placenta is completely covering my cervix, which is called Placenta Previa. Hopefully, the placenta will move this month. If not, we will watch for bleeding, take certain precautions and deliver via c-Section. In the meantime, there's nothing we can do, other than make sure I avoid any strenuous lifting and such that may cause bleeding. 

For now... we are excited to finally start making actual decisions, including bedding and choosing the paint color and more! 

We made our first "Buy for Baby", which I wanted to be something special but we were stumped at to what we should get. We found the cutest book, called "I Love You, Stinky Face". It's fun yet endearing. 
 
 


1 comment: