Friday, March 06, 2009

Week 21 - Bedding Swap

Overall Mood:

  • We're excited to be expecting a healthy baby boy!
  • I'm doing way better than imagined after losing a job, especially one I loved so much.
  • My healthcare situation is working out wonderfully; I can make this work.
  • IF YOU KNOW ANYONE LOOKING FOR A ROOM, please send me a note on here or Facebook!! I have been busy trying to find someone to sublease my place.


  • We ordered the Migi ABC Bedding and when it came, I was happy with the quality, but couldn't picture it as a complete room... the colors are much more unique and faded than shown, including this awful yellow that you can't see in the pics. Kyle wants the room to be painted blue and I think that's a great idea- but we would be hard pressed to find the perfect color and I didn't like how I imagined it looking once the room was filled with little-boy-toys and books and balls and such.
  • So we resumed the search for a simple bedding collection to match a blue room, preferably with some educational element. We went to Target to see the Circo ABC 123 bedding and were happy with the color richness, fabric quality and flexibility of sheets and accessories to match. It will look like a traditional baby-boy room, with blue toys and balls and such. Next weekend, the men will paint the nursery and we will move in the crib!


Body Changes: Ace hates orange juice. Kyle was sick again this week - I have again been fortunate to not get sick... he's taking care of all the illness for us all. =) I'm going to start taking vitamins all the time! The Bump is getting bigger... it goes up & down per day, which is amusing.

Emotions: Based on the long list of "Mood" items above, take a guess. Actually, I'm super happy because I think we found a location for the baby shower!

Flavors: Still on a maple syrup and waffle kick - every morning for breakfast. The fiber has been wonderful for my system. I still love fruit, especially strawberries and pineapple - no more grapefruit. We've made dinner ever night this week: I made yummy makeshift chicken noodle soup for my sick man... one package of Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup, mixed with chicken breast I had sauteed in olive oil with onions and fresh garlic, plus frozen carrots and some canned corn. We also made shrimp and wheat noodles in white sauce and a delicate stir-fry with lo-mein.

Appreciation: I'm grateful for friends that get concerned when I disappear because my cell phone dies and make me promise it won't happen again.

Baby Steps: At this point in time, we're having fun talking to Ace now that his ears are developed enuogh to possibly hear us. Next appointment is at 20-weeks and we find out if we're (likely) going to be able to do a natural childbirth and if so, we'll want to start childbirth classes.

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. Mom may soon feel like Ace is practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements, (quickening), turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. Mom may also discover a pattern to Ace's activity as she gets to know him better. In other developments, Ace's eyebrows and lids are present now.

No comments:

Post a Comment