Sunday, March 01, 2009

20 Weeks - Getting Over Easy2

WE FIND OUT TOMORROW AT 3PM!!!!!

Overall Mood: Well, the past few days have been quite a whirlwind. Lost my job on Wednesday, which was the first time I have personally experienced a major change like that so quickly. It's funny how the things that one moment seemed so important and pressing were instantly worthless and without any importance. I didn't send any of the emails or documents I had saved, the files were pointless, even the bookmarks seemed meaningless. I will truly miss the wonderful people I met and grew to not only respect but care about.

The drive home was difficult, trying to wrap my mind around leaving the life I had known for two-&-a-half years while imagining the new life in front of me. I made the few important phone calls, (my parents, etc) and went home to digest things. I had mostly regrouped by then, so spent most of the night on the internet - numbing the reality with silly Facebook and this Pet Society game I'm hooked on playing. Kyle came over after his Wednesday night Charter Meeting, bringing me a chocolate milkshake and many kisses. It was nice to see him and feel his arms around me. I woke up to more tears, but regrouped and filed for unemployment online and spent the day figuring out COBRA and health-care benefits, etc. I have lots to look into with regards to healthcare.

I wrapped up my Thursday by meeting Roxanne for dinner and staying at my Mum's house, who took Friday off from work to hang-out. Family-friends, Khaya Simone and Carter, came by to visit; at four-&-half she is getting so smart and has attitude to boot, in addition to being gorgeous. Carter is 3-months old but so big he is wearing 6-month clothes! I changed his diapers and gave him a bottle, which I enjoy doing because I think it's good practice. I stopped by Daddy's to drop off girl scout cookies and hang out... staying out there until Kyle came home from business travel.

What a week.

Body Changes:

Emotions: Thankfully, my hormones have stayed in check this week - making the events easier to deal with. I'm SO excited to find out if Ace is a boy or girl!!!!!! I've been really looking at linens and trying to figure out the nursery, plus playing the "Name Game", where we take turns reading names from the Baby Name Book.

Flavors: Still boring on the food cravings... mostly fruit and a few other random flavors, including butter and maple syrup. We had Burger King, which was quite a treat! yum.

Appreciation: I'm grateful for tax-paying Americans that will help me through this time and the Stimulus Package that should reduce the cost of COBRA. Strangely, I think that being pregnant is making this big change easier to deal with because I'm not here wondering what to do with my life... I'm getting ready to be a Mommy! (wow, that's still a lot to comprehend)

Baby Steps: I can feel Ace moving approx. 3-5x a day. We're excited to be halfway & eager for tomorrow's detailed ultrasound!!

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and is about 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

Ace is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for the digestive system. Ace is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in the bowels and it will most likely be removed in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment