Thursday, January 29, 2009

Week 16

16-weeks... that's pretty much 4 months. wow.

Overall Mood: I still feel amazing.

Body Changes: My skin is supposed to be "glowing" - but I feel like all of me is glowing because I'm all sunshine & rainbows on the inside. I rarely feel sad, but it does happen and it sucks. Kyle is good at helping me laugh away bad feelings. Candy & fruit help, too.

Emotions: While the sunshine & rainbows mostly regulate my emotions, I had a bout of the worries last night... what if I lose my health insurance, how are we going to pay for a baby, what is my plan for work after maternity, what if something happens, etc. But worrying doesn't solve anything - so I'm doing my best to succeed at my awesome job and save money everywhere.

Flavors: I'm still eating a lot of fruit - especially grapefruit, which I don't usually like but now can't get enough of. Kyle's co-worker brought back these HUGE, fabulous Ruby Red grapefruits from Florida... I fully enjoyed every morsel. My tastes are still pretty bland. This week, I met Jessica for dinner and shared a duck entree at a Thai restaurant; I wasn't thrilled with the taste or the tummy-turnovers later that night. I'm still on a soup kick. Kyle & I met Dad, Sandy & Grandma for lunch at Olive Garden - that Chicken Gnocchi soup is amazing.

Appreciation: I am grateful for the flu shot I received at my 12-week appointment. I missed the stomach flu that recently went around, hitting Kyle & my co-workers, missing me.

Baby Steps: The next fun STEP on this adventure is the arrival of "quickening" - which basically means that I will feel Ace moving inside of me. I'm very eager for this but have yet to confirm actual movement. It can begin as early as now, but some 1st time moms don't feel it until 18 or 20-weeks. I also have an appointment in one week.

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Time for a major growth spurt! In the next few weeks, Ace's weight will double and length with increase by inches. Right now, Ace is about the size of an avocado. Legs are much more developed, head is more erect and eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. Ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of the scalp has begun, though locks aren't recognizable yet. Toenails have even started growing! Heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as Ace continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment