Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week 15

Overall Mood: I'm excited to see family this weekend, including 2-month old Carter and 4-year-old Khaya.

Body Changes: Getting curvy! The Bump doesn't seem to be getting much larger. Pants are still unbuttoned when situated for long periods of time.

Emotions: Distracted at work... hard to focus on getting things done. I love being pregnant... I feel like a million bucks. I worry that the past 15-weeks of joy will, at some point in time, return to me in some terrible way -BUT-I like to hope this is life making up for all those awful years in high school. So even when my hormones swing low, I don't even let myself humor those awful thoughts... and I don't cut. I eat candy and think about how much I love my life.

Flavors: So boring... potatoes and fruit are the mainstay. Perogies are a winner for lazy weekends.

Appreciation: The snow gave us a break this week.

Baby Steps: We have begun looking at nursery linens in real stores and expanded our casual online searching. We are planning on receiving baby furniture from Kyle's brother & sister-in-law, so this will help reduce the cost of the nursery planning. While it makes sense to get gender-neutral bedding & decor, we're having tough time finding something that works both ways. Some styles we like:

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace is now about the size of an apple and is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and all of the joints and limbs are moving. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, Ace can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at Elizabeth's tummy, for instance, Ace is likely to move away from the beam. Although there's not much for Ace to taste at this point, taste buds are forming. Finally, if Elizabeth has an ultrasound at this point in time from now forward, we may be able to find out whether Ace is a boy or a girl! This can be tricky though as it depends on the clarity of the picture and on Ace's position, who may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods." [If Ace is anything like either Elizabeth or Kyle, a spot light and someone looking will mean a show!]

No comments:

Post a Comment