Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1 Day 'til D-Day - Another Pediatrician and Zucchini

Another upside-down Alice day. I was awake until 5am... then slept until 11am. This sleeping situation is rough; thankfully, I don't have to work so I'm not overly exhausted... just tired.

I cannot believe my due date is tomorrow... and we're still tick-tock waiting for him to arrive. I thought he was going to come early - but apparently not. Everyone is asking if he is coming and I'm running out of witty responses. It's nice to know so many people are excited about his arrival.

I spoke with another pediatrician today and he was actually our top choice before the "interviews" began. He seems perfect; very down to Earth and younger than yesterdays doctor.

Tonight, I made 2 entrees using zucchini from the farm:
  • Italian Layered Zucchini a la Ace: a delicate layering of sauteed zucchini, onions, mushrooms, local roma tomatoes, fresh Sweet basil from my garden and mozzarella cheese, garnished with Japanese basil.

  • Mexican Inspired Zucchini a la Ace: a robust layering of sauteed zucchini, Spanish rice, canned crushed tomatoes, black beans and cheddar cheese, topped with uncooked sour cream.
Kylee and Marta came over for dinner; a nice time was had by all. I feel so dorky and grown-up... I spoke of pregnancy and labor and birth plans... we discussed the quality of produce at the surrounding grocery stores & markets. We drank filtered water and didn't add butter to the fresh green beans, (also from the farm).

Kyle's parents are leaving for Iowa tomorrow, I have plans to see the Harry Potter movie... when is this baby coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment