Monday, March 23, 2009

23 Weeks - Alyssa Moves In

Overall Mood: We are officially living together! We packed this weekend and Kyle made about a zillions trips DOWN the 3 flights of stairs from my condo, then UP the 2 flights of stairs leading to his condo, (now known as "our condo") - which is now filled with lots of stuff. It's nice to have time to sort through my things and purge old mementos and let go of many things.

Body Changes: I have finally gotten sick. Just a cold, but it's been a bummer. My tummy continues to grow - it's still cute. I like to analyze the depth of my belly button to gauge size and degree of "doneness". It isn't a very precise procedure- but it's fun.

Emotions: It's funny how all of a sudden I have "grown up"... and how natural it has been.

Flavors: I'm Suzy-Homemaker lately... I figure if I'm not working, the least I can do is save money on food and make good meals, which is cool because I love to cook and aspire to eventually make my own baby food. Kyle's parents brought us some frozen ground beef from one of their recently slaughtered cows, so I've had this awesome meat to make hamburgers and such. Tonight, I'm making spaghetti, later this week I'm exploring the world of Slow-Cookers and making (what hopes to be) a succulent Pot Roast. I'm still eating strawberries at least once/day.

Appreciation: I'm so happy that Kyle is a strong, healthy man because there was a LOT of stuff to be moved and I probably carried 5 trips of things. I'm also grateful for my awesome friends and roommates!

Baby Steps: We're getting ready for the Baby Shower and getting ready to start registering!

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) I should turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, Ace can feel me dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, about as much as a large mango, we may be able to see him squirm underneath my clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that his increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as a dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment