Thursday, February 12, 2009

18 Weeks - Tick, Tock... Boy or Girl?

Overall Mood: 16 days until we find out if Ace is a boy or a girl!! In the meantime, I'm the child, looking out the window... waiting for the arrival of the package.... catching and counting every raindrop.

Body Changes: I'm not sure if it's hunger or what, but I have been going to bed feeling terrible. One night, it was like an Army of Ants carrying buckets of flaming-stomach-juice up my throat. Ew, right? It was intense. I have to be careful not to bend over and put pressure on my tummy, for fear that those buckets will empty. Another night, it felt like those butterflies in my abdomen finally came, but they were Killer Butterflies, with wings of glass. Fortunatly, they were fleeting.

Emotions: Apparently I'm feeling quite poetic. peaceful. and loving. Searching my brain for romantic ideas for Valentine's day... nothing.

Flavors: Still unconfirmed, but I appear to be over grapefruit, other fruit and soup. I have been eating more starches, including noodles and rice. I realize this won't be so gentle on the scale, so I'm trying to balance my desire for carbs by including veggies, including asparagus, which must be in season because it's everywhere and lovely.

Appreciation: It will be my first Valentine's Day with Kyle; I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful partner. Also, my back is feeling wonderful - I can finally stand straight and walk like a normal human! Yay!!

Baby Steps: The Bump is getting bigger each day!! I have this whole theory that it gets bigger over the weekend and dwindles with the work-week, but this week left me still bulging and slightly wobbly.

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Head to rump, Ace is about 5 1/2 inches long, about the length of a bell pepper, and weighs almost 7 ounces. Ace is busy flexing arms and legs — movements that will be more pronounced in the weeks to come. Ace's blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around Ace's nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth. If Ace is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If Ace is a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment