Monday, June 29, 2009

37 Weeks - Nesting= New Furniture, New Bedding


Overall Mood:
Happy!  
  • Kyle and his friend, Dan, moved an entertainment center and bookshelf that had been tick-tock-sitting in my Mum's garage - waiting for the day I might someday want them. The entertainment center is perfect; the television fits like it was custom-made and the addition of the piece provides the storage we needed and looks fabulous!  The bookshelf allowed us to unpack 3 boxes of books and opened up space in the closet.  The space we made is much needed and the bookshelf looks nice. 
  • Over the weekend, I went swimming at my Daddy's house and hung out with my step-Mom and Grandma. It was nice to enjoy the sun!   Mum and I went garage-sale-ing and found a great glider, ottoman and stroller for her and a couple other tiny things like baby shoes, (which are my newest obsession).  Kyle and I went to a small party near our house; it was nice to meet some local people and hang out.  
Body Changes:  I gained a lot of weight this week. When we went to the doctor, my fundal height measured 36 cm. and I gained more than the suggested pound/week. But I still feel great and have had more energy, although have been sleeping more frequently and less reliably.  My tossing & turning keeps Kyle awake more than it bothers me. 

Flavors:  My basil is in full bloom, which means tons of pesto! Yummmm.  Still eating a lot of ice cream and back on fruit - especially watermelon. 

Kyle went on the first late-night food run... I ran out of Rolaids, so the trip was necessary. While out, he grabbed strawberry ice cream to add to my growing selection of ice cream. I finished the Ben & Jerry's S'mores... switching to a vanilla with caramel swirl and choco-covered caramel pieces. We still have Lime Sherbet and a box of ice cream sandwiches. I finally had a chance to eat a Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty from Wendy's.... which turned out to be just as amazing as I suspected.  

Appreciation: I'm so grateful that Kyle and I come from such wonderful families. Their love and support have been so wonderful.  On the same page, I am so grateful for Kyle's patience and love. 

Baby Steps:  Tons and tons of movement!  In addition to the increased heartburn and frequent hiccups, we can now officially feel when he kicks out his little foot. Sometimes you can see an additional bump or movement on my tummy, but the cool part is having your hand on the location and feeling the little tiny foot moving and kicking your hand. It is unbelievably charming!! 

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com)   Ace is officially full-term!!! This means that if he arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though my due date is still three weeks away. He should weigh about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.... we'll see! 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh...I can't believe how close you are! I'm so excited and I'm happy you've made it this far! He'll be a healthy beautiful boy! I can't wait to see him when I get back! :) I atleast need a pic either texted or emailed to me shortly (as in 24 hrs haha) of birth so I can see the little guy when I'm in MN and show him off out there haha :)
    Best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... it's crazy to be so close!

    There will be pics via FB or blog or text... you are going to have so much fun in MN!

    ReplyDelete