Monday, May 11, 2009

30 Weeks

Overall Mood: I love being pregnant! 

Body Changes: You should see how big my tummy is!! Still no stretch marks on the tummy, just a few on the new cleavage. I am waking up earlier and have random spurts of energy at totally obscure times. I had oral surgery on Friday, but things appear to be healing and the pain in minor, (come on, I passed a kidney stone a few weeks ago- this is nothing!)  The Heartburn is still coming, although not as frequently as other times and is often relieved with deep breaths or a chewable Rolaids, in worst cases. 

Lately, we also noticed a GIANT decrease in what we lovingly refer to as the "Blond Moments" common in pregnancy. Basically, there are various ideas about why pregnant women are more likely forgetful or absent-minded.... I can't explain any of them but I can tell you that Kyle and I both noticed a major change in my level of rationing and logic. It was funny... there were times that I felt like a box of rocks.  But I feel like I am back to my normal self, juggling many games of Facebook Scrabble.  

Emotions: Yesterday was Mother's Day! Kyle and I went out to lunch over the weekend to celebrate and spent the day sleeping, straightening the house, organizing the closet in the nursery and such.  Today, I'm having dinner with Mum and possibly seeing the new Disney movie or looking at baby stuff!  I was touched that many of my friends sent me a text, one even sent a card. Thank you ladies!  

Flavors: More and more random cravings, such as peanut butter on Cheez-its.  It also seems that I am more particular with whatever it is that I am eating and will stop mid-meal to change to something else, including ice cream and butterscotch pudding. =) I've been wanting more calcium lately, thus eating a lot of cottage cheese with the most amazing blackberries, some blueberries and even fresh pineapple! 

Appreciation:
I'm grateful that I have so many positive women in my life, filling the many forms of the roles of Mother, grandmother, aunt and sister. I don't think that a family is always made by blood, it is often made by choice and I feel so fortunate that these wonderful women have chosen to love me and Kyle and Ace.  

Baby Steps:  
Ace is moving around much more and seems to be stretching out, meaning the kicks have expanded from only the right-side of my body to include the center and left-side. I am also noticing Braxton Hicks contractions, which are practice contractions that feel like my tummy is tightening and make it hard to the touch. I'm not experiencing any mood swings or clumsiness, still happy to be pregnant and enjoying feeling Ace move around! 

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace is about 15.7 inches long now and she weighs almost 3 pounds, like a head of cabbage.  A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment