Thursday, January 08, 2009

Week 13

Overall Mood: Welcome to the 2nd Trimester! SO happy to go public with the news!! Telling my boss was such a great feeling - he lit up and was so happy. Telling my friends and colleagues was such a joy!

Body Changes: Now that I'm not hiding the pregnancy, I am less careful with my wardrobe options, which have been carefully chosen to hide the little Bump. This mean fewer blazers, yay!

Emotions: Now that we've gone public, I'm more attached to the little body growing inside of me and have decided that a name was necessary. We chose Ace because it's pretty gender neutral and fun. I find myself touching my lower abdomen more frequently and talking to Ace.

Flavors:

Appreciation: I made it through the first trimester!

Baby Steps: This is the start of the 2nd trimester, which means morning sickness would get better if I were experiencing the symptoms. I'm supposed to have more energy & the pressure on my bladder should reduce, (read: I won't have to pee as often).

Ace Update: (almost verbatim from BabyCenter.com) Ace is the size of a medium shrimp! Fingerprints have formed on Ace's tiny fingertips, the veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the body size now.

No comments:

Post a Comment